Thursday, November 27, 2008

Why Mumbai!!!

Why!!! Why Mumbai!!! Why another attack!!! Why so many lives lost!! I am sad. Depressed and Down. What can we do about it. Are we destined to just see these gruesome visuals on television every second month. What can one do. What can the Government do. What can the security agencies do!!

Seems news agencies are thrilled with the attack. The anchors seem to be excited. Different channels are coming up with their own theories. Their reporters are lost between Trident, Oberoi and Taj. They are confused with grenades, firings, fire, gunshots. Who is responsible. How long will it take. And how many killed. Its crazy. Sad. And tragic.

Is it true that terrorism is religious. Till sometime back, all terrorist attacks were deemed to be Islamic. Till the Malegaon probes which gave first inications that even Hindu fundamentalists could plan terror attacks. Unfortunately the chief investigator of malegaon probes, ATS Chief Hemant Kirkire has lost his life in the Mumbai attacks. We might never get to know the truth.

Why is it that we find a situation that many Muslims get attracted to fundamentalism and terrorism. To me, it is primarily because of lack of education.Muslims consitute almost 18 % of our population. However, even if I look at the list of ISB Roun 1 admits, I find that there are hardly any Muslims, Why is it so. In my IIT class, out of 300 stuents we just ha 4 or 5 muslims. Why. Are Muslims not a backward community toay. Somehow our system has not been able to take them along. Many of them still go to madarasas and are brain washed into funamentalism. Most Muslim voters are used by politicians as Vote banks. The community needs to be taken care of. Leadership will have to come from educated and enlightened muslims.

Anyways my heart goes out for the families who lost their loved ones. May God give them strength. And may our intelligence and security agencies be able to prevent a attack in future.

5 comments:

Deb said...

Terrorism does not have a religion. It is unfortunate that Islam is the face of terrorists now. Hindu fundamentalists can create havoc as well. It is the injustice forced upon a particular community that is the reason for terrorism. If there is no justice then this thing is bound to happen. If my near and dears are killed and justice system does not deliver justice then I'll take matters into my hands. Corruption has killed my country.

Deb
http://www.debashishsamal.com/blog/

dukhi kutta said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
S said...

I agree that lack of education is at the core of our problems. But, I think it's unfair to say that lack of education breeds terrorism in Muslims. I think terrorism is symptomatic of what's happening in our country. The divide between the haves and the have nots grows wider and results in a lot of resentment. Terrorism as I see it is one of these crimes... it's the pent up energy release of a section of the populace which feels denied of privileges...

I see we'll have some interesting discussions April onwards :)

Unknown said...

hi , i will be your class mate , I guess u dnt need to leave the jib , one of my group friend who is IAS ,gt leave for 2 years and gone to TUCK , ministry is paying him for sabbaticle leave also .
u can also try that

IAS , too tough to ,leave man ,

Anonymous said...

Thank you for this post. That's all I are able to say. You most absolutely have built this blog website into something special. Multivitamin Singapore